Saturday, March 19, 2022

Lori Wall-Holloway

Photo by Donna Hilbert

Along the Highway


Trees clothed in spring

leaves sway back 

and forth in unison

along the highway

Do they move because of wind

created by speeding cars?

Or does God’s sweet breath 

push them to dance to nature’s 

music?

I wonder while I strain to see 

branches wave to me as I pass 





Photo by Donna Hilbert

Fresh View

Dark, grey mists 
hug sky blocking the sun
Winter struggle creates insecurity 
and I am unsure what will be
as I watch chapters of my life turn
while previous seasons drift away

But do they really leave
or do they converge
into something else?
A foggy view causes questioning 
of past moments in my life
as I wrestle with myself

Slowly, a clearing comes into focus
I come out of a time of darkness
and stop to reflect before
building an altar of memories 
to pass down lessons learned 
to generations following 

An illuminated freshly made 
path points to an unknown place
My trust in God leads me to step
into a spring of newness
where I believe a greater faith
will emerge and sprout
with buds of new growth




Photo by Donna Hilbert

Spring Delight

What great joy to plant
seeds of knowledge deep in minds
of loving children 
Water with care and trust they
blossom with understanding


No comments:

Post a Comment

Coco

Epiphany I wish I had a poem for you one that was lyrical and sweet  A poem filled with love and joy  that blossoms like flowers in Spring  ...