Sunday, March 20, 2022

Coco


Epiphany


I wish I had a poem for you

one that was lyrical and sweet 


A poem filled with love and joy 

that blossoms like flowers in Spring 


A poem not of fantasy woven 

spun half truths to make you fill whole 


A poem rich and hearty that sticks 

to your bones after you digest it 


I wish I could write of blissful memories 

dancing the ballet of tenacious gratitude 


A poem that’s layered and laced 

with graceful poignant words


A poem which paints like Monet in your mind 

across the canvas of this page


A poem with more than tragic memories

spewed out from my gut


I wish there was more to my story 

than grief and trauma – but then, I wouldn’t be me





Ukrainian soldiers and rescue officers search for bodies in the debris at a military school in Mykolaiv on Saturday. Russian rockets hit the school the day before.

Bulent Kilic/AFP via Getty Images


Its Spring! 


A time of bliss, blossoming flowers, 

and fruitful harvest


Birds sing melodies of new beginnings – 

a time of prosperity 


As the seedling lives of 109 children 

became planted strollers on Lviv’s historic square


Spring lost the sweet perfume of hope in the Ukraine

some 36 years ago in Chernobyl 


The Steel Sculptured Third Angel heralding heartache,

grief, loss, and sacrifice


While bombs continuing dropping

will some brave soul still ring the bell of memory 


April 25th draws near – I place my hand on my throat,

the cancer that may leak by a madman’s lust for dominance 


The Avenue of the Exclusion Zone 

adorned with the signs of every evacuated village


This new road of blood and bone paved by the brave lives lost 

for the survivors of this war what will they call it 


Will Ukrainians once again dance 850°c from the surface of the sun

radiating a fantasy of living a life free from eradicated desolance 


In the Ukraine they don’t pick flowers in Spring 

they dig through the rubble 


Picking out bodies that withered like weeds 

from the poisonous blast of greed 


image from npr article dated March 19th here is a link to the article 

https://www.npr.org/2022/03/19/1087745000/russia-ukraine-war-what-happened-today-march-19



No comments:

Post a Comment

Coco

Epiphany I wish I had a poem for you one that was lyrical and sweet  A poem filled with love and joy  that blossoms like flowers in Spring  ...