Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Maria A Arana

Artwork by Regina Higgins

Spring Fantasy

 

you see a locking-glass lake

I see the other side to the end

 

you see the tranquil rocks sunbathing for eternity’s sake

I see the crushed skeleton of what once was

 

you see the flock of birds inviting you to join their dance high above the tallest trees

I see their escape from a world dying

 

and the breeze passes gently on our shoulders

as we realize

the world whispers that we’re strangers once again

 

 

 

Artwork by Regina Higgins

it’s like a picture being erased

 

moments together

forgotten

words spoken

            forgotten

strolls along the waterfall

            forgotten

 

it’s not a goal to forget

            but a necessity

 

often I wonder the days

it would take

to pluck the thoughts

from my head

but as the mantra is forgotten

so is the transition

 

 

 

Artwork by Regina Higgins

the murmur


languid

frantic

nature always hands

one minute

dragon blood

the next

hurt

fight

a future longing

ready to steal 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coco

Epiphany I wish I had a poem for you one that was lyrical and sweet  A poem filled with love and joy  that blossoms like flowers in Spring  ...